Where We Meet
516 Production Street, Ste. 200
Aberdeen, SD 57401
Sunday Mornings at 10:00 AM (CST)
MEET OUR STAFF
DREW & CHRISTI BECKER | LEAD PASTORS
Pastors Drew and Christi Becker are Lead Pastors and founders of Freedom Church in Aberdeen, South Dakota. Their vision is to plant multiple Kingdom-minded churches in the region, reach the lost, and equip God’s people to do effective ministry. They have personally ministered in over 50 churches seeing many people come to freedom in Christ- body, soul, and spirit.
Drew grew up in Aberdeen and received his call to ministry at age 15. He was an Associate Pastor for almost nine years at New Life Worship Center in Beulah, ND. He also traveled for six years as an Evangelist. Drew is licensed with the Assemblies of God.
Christi grew up in Beulah, ND, where she received her call to ministry at age 10, the same summer Drew was called by God. She is a graduate of Trinity Bible College (Ellendale, ND) and is also licensed with the Assemblies of God.
Drew & Christi reside in Aberdeen and enjoy spending time with their four beautiful children, as well as their pet hamster and parakeet.
JONI CLARK | OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
Joni Clark is Pastor Drew and Christi's personal assistant. She also handles the bookkeeping for the church, as well as other administrative duties.
Along with her husband, Jason, Joni leads our Transformation Ministry. The Transformation Ministry encompasses our Healing Teams/Rooms and Prayer Servant Ministry. Jason and Joni are outgoing, people-oriented leaders with true servant hearts.
Joni enjoys working in her yard, cooking, and spending time with her husband and three beautiful children.
DIANE LEHR | OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
Diane Lehr was born and raised in Aberdeen, SD. She moved to Minneapolis in 1980. She attended Spiritual Life Bible College (affiliated with Northwestern Bible College). Diane served on the staff of three churches in the Minneapolis area. She taught in Spiritual Life Bible School, wrote curriculum, headed up women's ministry, let small groups, and taught junior high Sunday school. Diane has traveled on mission trips to 10 different countries on short-term missions, and spent three months in the Philippines.
Diane enjoys spending time with many nieces and nephews, cooking, trying new restaurants (especially hole-in-the-wall places), reading, and serving people. She is excited to be back in Aberdeen and be a part of what is happening at and through Freedom Church.
JEWEL ENGET | OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
Biography to come.
CLARK AND JENNIFER AUDISS| WEBSTER CAMPUS PASTORS
Clark and Jennifer Audiss are the newest addition to our ministry team here at Freedom Church, where they serve as the Campus Pastors for Webster. Clark grew up on the family farm near Dallas, South Dakota and received the call to ministry at age 14. He graduated from Sunshine Bible Academy and went on to attended Trinity Bible College where he met Jennifer. Jennifer grew up in Tomah, Wisconsin, attended Crossroads Christian Academy and also attended Trinity Bible College.
Together, they love to share how the truth of God’s Word can transform lives today, and they are intent on reaching out to you and your family. They invite you to hang out with them in Webster and let God’s family warm your heart with genuine care and friendly smiles. At the same time they will strengthen your relationship to God and others through practical Bible Studies, dynamic small groups, and times of just plain family fun. You won’t want to miss what Pastor Clark and Jennifer can add to the growth of your spiritual life.
In the summer of 2003, Pastors Drew and Christi Becker moved their family from Beulah, ND to Aberdeen, SD. After eight months in Aberdeen, Drew was still asking the Lord, “What is our purpose in Aberdeen?” To resolve this question, he went on a 28-day fast. During that time, the Lord spoke to Drew’s heart about planting a church in Aberdeen and also in the surrounding towns. About seven months later, Christi (Drew’s wife) went on a 21-day fast that confirmed the direction of the Lord to plant a church in Aberdeen.
On January 25th, 2006, Drew & Christi opened their home to anyone who was interested in helping plant a new church in Aberdeen. About 15 people came to the first meeting and Freedom Church was born. October 1st, 2006, was the official first Sunday of Freedom Church. 90 people were in attendance at that service, and the church continued to grow.
In March of 2016, Freedom Church purchased a building out in Aberdeen's Industrial Park. This was a long-awaited major step forward for not only the Freedom family but also the city of Aberdeen and the surrounding communities. With few renovations needed, the Freedom Church family had their first service in the new building on Easter Sunday. With lots of room to grow and expand, Freedom Church has finally found it's home.
1. ...the Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. ...there is only One True God, revealed in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3. ...in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son, Jesus was both human and divine.
4. ...though originally good, man willingly fell to sin, ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. ...every person can have restored fellowship with God through 'salvation' (accepting Christ's offer of forgiveness for sin).
6. ...and practice two ordinances: (1) Water baptism by immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
7. ...the baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
8. ...the initial physical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘speaking in tongues,’ as experienced on the day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
9. ...sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
10. ...the Church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the Church' is the body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
11. ...a divinely called and scripturally ordained leadership ministry serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers- the Church.
12. ...divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ's atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
13. ...in the blessed hope: when Jesus raptures His Church prior to His return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time, all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
14. ...in the millennial reign of Christ, when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
15. ...a final judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
16. ...and look forward to the perfect new Heavens and a new Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord!'
OUR CORE VALUES
We seek to understand the love of our Father God and to express that love to our families, friends, and to our world (Ephesians 3:16-20; 1 John 4:8-11).
We seek to prioritize our relationship with the Lord and to one another through encouraging each other daily and being transparent (1 John 3:23; 1 John 3:18).
We seek to be people with big dreams, and to continually be "doers" of God’s Word and not just "hearers" (James 1:21-22; 1 John 5:4).
We seek to be laborers in our Father’s field - city, state, country, and the world (Luke 10:2; John 4;34-35).
God’s Presence and Power
We seek to hunger and thirst for God’s manifest Presence and the Gifts of the Holy Spirit (Matt. 5:6; 1 Cor. 14:1).
The Authority of God’s Word - The Bible
We seek to apply God’s Word in every situation of life and respect it as Divinely inspired (2 Tim. 3:16; Hebrews 4:12).
We seek to be people passionately pursuing God through prayer (Eph. 6:18; James 5:16).
Creative Ideas and Innovation
We seek to be people with fresh ideas (Prov. 18:15, NLT).
We seek to have "attitudes of gratitude" through serving one another in love (Rom. 12:10-11; Matt. 20:28).
We seek to live in purity because our God is Pure, Holy, and Righteous (Rom.12:1-2).
Freedom Church exists to encourage, equip, and enable people to walk in their God-given purpose through authentic, life-giving relationships and the dynamic presence of God.
We are commanded in Scripture to encourage one another (1 Thessalonians 5:11; Hebrews 3:13) for the purpose of building each other up and keeping each other strengthened in our faith. Constant encouragement enables the believer to pursue God’s ultimate purpose for their life without becoming a casualty in the search of their destiny.
The old saying goes, “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." We equip people to win daily in their homes, jobs, and dreams. Equipping others to minister effectively is a Scriptural principle modeled by Jesus and mentioned in Scripture: “Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ” (Ephesians 4:11-13). Equipping the Believer empowers them to minister to others and gives them the opportunity to mature in their faith.
When the believer is encouraged and equipped, they become enabled to function in a capacity of leadership that encourages and equips others to become leaders as well. When we enable believers to function in their God-given purpose, multiplication in leadership is the outcome (Ephesians 4:11-12).
Jesus said, “So love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy. And here is the second: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.' There is no other commandment that ranks with these” (Mark 12:30, 31). The believer is commanded by Jesus to love. Love is our purpose. Jesus also commanded the believer to, “Go therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always , even to the end of the age" (Matt. 28:19, 20). Our God-given purpose is to love God, to love others, and to go into all the world to make disciples.
Authentic Life-Giving Relationships
We encourage people to be “real.” Our goal is not to be “self-righteous,” but to be grateful for the grace God has given us to function as victorious champions in this world. Champions know obstacles lie ahead. They are transparent about the struggles they face, knowing other believers are there to cheer them on. When it seems they have failed, they get back up knowing their Father God is well able to help them overcome.
Dynamic Presence of God
As believers in Christ, we have been given the Holy Spirit and the dynamic Presence of God to encourage us, empower us, equip us, and enable us to walk in our destinies (Luke 11:13; John 14:26; Acts 1:8; 1 Thessalonians 1:5).
We see transformed cultures through the power of the cross and demonstration of God’s Kingdom.
We see a church passionate for God and His purposes for us on Earth.
We see a church passionately in love with Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – a love that captures our hearts and catapults us into our divine purpose here on Earth. This love is so overwhelming that the church becomes a powerful force of influence in our city, state, region, country, and world. The church that we see has no boundaries for expanding the Kingdom of God. We see the world as our mission field.
We see a Church that is fervently praying and passionately praising.
We see prayer meetings throughout the city going on 24/7. The church that we see is relentless in praying for God’s will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven. This prayer movement, coupled with extravagant praise, will be marked with unusual manifestations of God’s power and will pave the way for awesome displays of God’s strength.
We see our church impacting our city.
We see our church impacting every generation in Aberdeen, especially the children. Children all over the city will be influenced by Kingdom principles that will be shared and transferred for several generations to come - bringing about a form of contagious Christianity that expects the miraculous and spreads the love of God in all sectors of our society. We see a church being generous to our community through random acts of kindness that will establish the truth that “God is good” and He cares deeply for all mankind.
We see our church as a catalyst for spiritual growth and numerical growth in our city.
The Church that we see will impact every sector of society for the Glory of God. We see people moving to Aberdeen, SD because of an outpouring of God’s Spirit on the hungry and thirsty souls. This will be a place where the hungry will dwell and miraculous provision will come to further the Gospel of the Kingdom.
We see our church expanding to multiple sites.
We see our church as “The Hub inside The Hub,” meaning Church, in Aberdeen, SD, is the first of many campuses that will be established in our region. One church with many locations is our aim. We are a church that will equip many pastors to lead churches in small towns around Aberdeen, SD under the Freedom umbrella. We see our church impacting the culture of many small towns and bringing a message of hope and destiny through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We see a church training, equipping, and mobilizing the masses to impact our world.
We see a church committed to training people in Kingdom ways such as demonstrating the power and love of God through the “Good News” message of Jesus Christ which includes signs, wonders, and miracles. We see many people coming from all over the region and the world to be equipped at our church and training center, afterwards being sent out to all over the world with the anointing of God to bring freedom, hope, and healing to various people throughout the Earth. We see our church feeding the poor, healing the sick, bringing hope to orphans, and establishing Freedom Churches in other countries.